Friday, July 2, 2010

Ashlyn age 6


Ashlyn said this is a "bug monster".   I was so excited for the challenge of the braces but not sure how I was going to do it.  After reading several magazines and blogs about plushies, I borrowed the idea of using polymer clay.  The teeth were the first thing I created and then did the fabric parts around the teeth.  I had originally planned to make the antennae out of wires but then decided I'd rather have them a little thicker by using fabric and still have him comfy to sleep with.  The glasses are thick craft wire hand sewn onto the face.  According to Ashlyn's description, the red part was a jacket, so I made the body out of the deep purple and the red jacket is completely separate.  It has elastic at the sleeves, collar and bottom and zips up the front.

If you would like a Kid's Creature created from your child's drawing, you'll find information here. I've got a facebook page too, if you'd share with your friends, that would be fantastic!  Thanks - 

No comments:

Post a Comment