Monday, July 12, 2010

Allison, I have no idea how old!

As you can see... my son likes to be part of the action and my "photo area" isn't really that professional. This is how I know that the work I do is child safe.


Allison is my cousin's child and she is now nine years old.  When she found out about my creatures project, my aunt (Allison's grandma) went digging through the artwork that she had that was made by her grandchildren and unfortunately, this one didn't have a date on it.
At first glance, you'd think that this one would be very simple because the circles are so perfect.  Well, in reality, that was the hardest part!  I usually do these things free hand and try to emulate the imperfections of the kid's work.  But, to do something free hand and make it perfect, is a real challenge.  I actually had to make two attempts at the one.  The furry fabrics are usually stretchy so I thought that making the backside out of a woven cotton would help.  Nope.  That was a complete fail.  So, I threw the entire thing away (well... I unstuffed it first ... didn't want to be too wasteful) and started over.  The second attempt came out better and it is furry on both sides.
The antennae have craft wires in them and are bendy. 

If you would like a Kid's Creature created from your child's drawing, you'll find information here. I've got a facebook page too, if you'd share with your friends, that would be fantastic!  Thanks - 

No comments:

Post a Comment