Monday, May 10, 2010

Rylee age 5



I just love how kids will draw the entire picture all in one color.  No deviation, just blue.
I chose a furry fabric that feels so so soft.  It was fun to work with this fabric because it is so forgiving!  The stitches just disappear in the fur.  This is great for sewing up the stuffing hole, but terrible for embroidering details like the eyelashes.  You have to look closely to even see that there are any.

The arms are slightly larger than the way that Rylee drew them, but making them that skinny was damn near impossible!  The fingers were a challenge too, but I think they turned out well in the end.

The hair has craft wire inside so that they are twirly.  I made sure to roll the ends first so that they are not sharp.



I've made 2, Rylee will get one, and the other is for sale in my etsy shop.
If you'd like to have this blog emailed to your inbox, simply put your email address in the subscription box on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment