Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Kid's Creatures at Stitch Rock 2010 and Monsters Under the Bed exhibit

The Kid's Creatures were on display at Stitch Rock last Saturday and a friend pointed me to this pic on facebook.  Unfortunately I didn't get to meet the photographer (lots of people were taking pics... hard to know whos who) but I've seen her work before and am honored that my little creature made the album.
Here is where you'll find the album on facebook
I handed out a boat-load of cards to people interested in getting their kid's pics made into softies so I have a feeling I'm gonna be real busy this holiday season!
Stitch Rock ended at 6pm and I packed up all my stuff (I was selling aprons there too and my other softies) had a nice yet quick bite and a cocktail with a couple of the Hollywood Craft Mafia girls at DaDa then headed over to Bear & Bird to see 'Lars' at the opening of the Monsters Under my Bed exhibit
I got there, literally, five minutes before closing so I missed most of the fun.  I know several of the other artists and the owner of the gallery but everyone had already gone by the time I got there.  And the worst part...  I totally forgot to get a picture of me next to my art!  I found some pics of the opening on flickr and facebook and "borrowed" this one below from Bear & Bird's facebook page.
You can barely see little Lars there in the corner.  He is a green skull man in a funky purple suit.  I'm gonna head back over there soon to get a better picture of him.
The original picture was done by Lars, he was 5 at the time of the drawing and it was done in crayon. 
The following pic not the best quality, I forgot to get a good pic before submitting him to the show.  This one was taken on my cell phone at night in bad lighting and he wasn't completely finished.
Lars...almost finished
If you would like a Kid's Creature created from your child's drawing, you'll find information here. I've got a facebook page too, if you'd share with your friends, that would be fantastic!  Thanks - 

No comments:

Post a Comment